Thursday 23 December 2010

Japan 3 (181210)

Today, we spent the afternoon at Sapporo Factory (while the shops were actually open).

Had lunch at a sushi train place - the sashimi was excellent. The snow crab was sweet and tender and omg I could eat it all day. Unfortunately, the rest of my family (as well as Uncle Simon and his family) are gastronomically challenged when it comes to seafood, so my aunty and I were really the only ones who seemed to enjoy ourselves.


There was an event being held at the Factory to celebrate the release of Pokemon Black & White - there was someone wandering around in a costume of the water-type starter, and he/she was getting tackled from all sides by heaps of little kids. It was a sad and amusing sight indeed.

We couldn't get a picture of the body due to the sea of kids.

They were also giving out these ridiculous hat things with the new Pokemon on them.

:D

We spent the majority of our time there looking at ski stuff. Even though everyone already had some. :/ I got a pair of boots to wear in the snow though - they're really ugly. I don't plan on wearing them after leaving Japan...

After dinner (I had cold soba and tempura :D), the kids got bored, so seeing as we weren't gonna leave for a long time, we headed out to the back of the shopping centre to play in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment