Tuesday 14 December 2010

Graduation


I'm not actually in this photo...kekeke...


So, it's been a while since I last updated. I'll deal with the backlog of overdue posts eventually... x_x;;


On December 4th, I graduated with a Bachelor of Pharmacy (yey!). My brother and grandmother had to fly to Singapore ahead of me, so they couldn't attend. Which was just as well because my grandmother would have fallen asleep as she tends to do. 

As usual, my dad drove us (my mother, myself, and my other grandmother) 10 hours south to good old' Otaghole. I slept most of the way (both there and back), since we drive up and down every year...


The day of the ceremony was rather hot. It was even more so for the graduands, having to wear our big ugly gowns all day. Unfortunately for me, I'd chosen to wear a black dress, which made it worse. We walked from the Hunter centre to the Town Hall for the procession - something that normally takes 15 minutes. However, they managed to drag it out for half an hour. Ah well - the girl in the monkey suit was adequate entertainment.

The ceremony itself was quite tedious and took the excitement out of graduation. :( Afterwards there were more photos and I got dragged home by my antisocial father and his antisocial mother (it runs in the family). 

All in all I was a little disappointed that my last day with my class was cut short by my family. But I should be used to it now, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment