Tuesday 14 December 2010

Air travel adventures

At Wellington airport

My mother and I set off for Singapore on December 6th - only a couple of days after graduation. It was a mess - mum wanted to bring her heavy-ass Gucci handbag because she'd get told off by my uncle if she didn't use it (he bought it for her) but she complained that it was heavy. I told her who cares what he says - if you don't like carrying it because it's heavy, then don't carry it. She carried it, and complained the whole way. I told her so.

Our luggage was overweight by 8kg. We had to remove some frozen meat that mum (of course) wanted to bring. For such a practical person, she is so impractical at times.

Our flight to Auckland left around 9 or 10pm. There was a spare seat in our row, so Potato sat in it. :3

Taken during turbulence heheh...

Auckland airport was meh. Instead of waiting for the inter-terminal bus, mum decided it'd be faster to walk - it was indeed faster, but she had to carry her heavy handbag (which she'd filled with a large box of cherries, no less). When we got to the international terminal we had to wait about 2 hours for the flight. I helped her write a report for one of her student teachers that had to be sent before we flew out.

There wasn't much to do on the flight to Singapore. We sat between two rows of noisy Indians who kept kicking our chairs/reclining their seats. It made it very uncomfortable to do anything. Also, since the flight left at 1am, there wasn't much that I wanted to do beside sleep. Funny though, I went to the bathroom more than usual this time, and every time I went, there would be turbulence as soon as I locked the door. 

Turbulence + Airplane flush = Scary.

One good thing was that this flight had the nicest plane food I've ever had (aside from the soba, omuraisu and Loh Hei from the last trip). There was stir-fried duck with ginger plum sauce for dinner, and egg noodles with steamed fish and black bean sauce for breakfast. 


Again, there was a spare seat in between my mother and I, which was filled by Potato. He didn't wear a safety belt this time though - the little rebel.

We landed at Changi airport Terminal 3 and got lost for a bit while waiting for my aunty to pick us up. My brain didn't function well at 6.30am Singapore time...

No comments:

Post a Comment