Tuesday 4 January 2011

Japan 7 (271210)


Today, we spent the afternoon in Nakano, just a couple of stops from Shinjuku. My aunt was all excited, telling my brother and I that we'd find Nakano very fun. She took us through Nakano Broadway, which is opposite the train station, and sure enough, Sam and I weren't disappointed.

Nakano broadway is a shopping complex, whose second and third floors are dedicated to manga and anime merchandise.

Entrance of Nakano Broadway.


Figures and models that I didn't buy TnT


I bought a whole swag of goodies that I'll detail in another post.


Ciel and Alois' rings!!!! And Ciel Nendo box in the background.

This time, Sam and I took Max and we went exploring the second and third floors. Usually Max hates shopping, but he made an exception. His eyes would light up whenever we stopped at a Gundam model kit section. He also got interested in Kuroshitsuji (lololololol) and bought himself a Ciel one-coin figure... Sam and I also educated him about Nendoroids (Max calls them 'Neno-droids haha).

Togainu no Chi vinyl!

Gaaaaaaames! (Starry Sky!)


After an entire afternoon of shopping, we went to Ikebukuro for yet more shopping. This time, I was determined to find the Animate flagship store there.

Finding the damn store was a real mission. It wasn't in any obvious place - tucked away all unassuming and stuff. I don't even have pictures of it (no pictures allowed :/). However, we managed to spend a good one and a half hours there scouring the 7 floors of anime stuff. Finished up around 8 or 9pm (I love Asian shopping hours!).

The ground floor (or first floor if you're Asian) contained magazines (like Shonen Jump, GFantasy) and food.

Second, third and fourth floors were dedicated to manga and art supplies - there was a dedicated section for BL and other girly manga (like Hakuouki...there was an almost life-size cardboard cut-out of Hijikata Toshizo *A*).

Fifth and sixth floors contained merchandise - the second I got to the top of the stairs, I was greeted by the otome anime/BL merchandise section. More than half of it was Hakuouki. My mother took a liking to Saitou, so she bought heaps of Hakuouki stuff... There was also Starry Sky, Togainu no Chi (and other Nitroplus stuff) and of course, Kuroshitsuji.

Seventh floor was all CDs and DVDs. But since I'd seen my share of them at Nakano Broadway, I didn't look there much. To be honest, I was stuck on the merchandise floor most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment