Tuesday 4 January 2011

Japan 5 (201210 - 261210)

The view from our apartment balcony.

We caught a bus to Niseko around 9am.

There wasn't much to say about this week, seeing as I had no interest in skiing or snow in general. What I enjoyed most was probably the apartment we stayed in - a 4 bedroom penthouse suite several times the size of my house in Wellington.

One of the four bathrooms D:

Mine and Claire's room.


The 4th bedroom was a mirror image of this one.


(Part of) the master bedroom.


While the rest of the family went skiing or snowboarding, mum and I explored the souvenir shops and picked up a few local treats.

I didn't buy those cookies just because they're called Ciel...


Danpa :D


I also downloaded the Sungkyunkwan Scandal drama using the free wifi :D Claire watched it with us when she could, and thus began her quest to marry me off to Song Joong Ki. Alas, I don't think he goes better with anyone but Yoo Ah In...

During our time there, we seldom cooked our own food despite the presence of a kitchen. Most nights we ate at restaurants around the ski village, or pigged out on snacks from the combini.

To be honest, I didn't really like the atmosphere there - it was much too touristy. Nobody there was actually Japanese (everyone was Singaporean D:) and everything was twice the usual price because the foreigners didn't know any better.

I was super excited when we finally left for Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment